- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced and well drained
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, cream, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and mix
with spoon. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from
oven and cool before removing from pan. Dust tops with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Yields: 12 to 15 muffins.