Chocolate Marble Cake
- 1/3 c Butter
- 1 c Sugar
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1 ea Chocolate, unsweetened, squares
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 2 ea Egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1 tb Butter
1. Cream the 1/3 cup butter and sugar together, add the well beaten eggs and mix well.
2. Sift flour and baking powder and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
3. Put 1/3 of mixture into a bowl and add the 1 Tbsp of butter and chocolate which have been melted together. To the white batter, add the vanilla.
4. Drop white batter, then chocolate, by spoonfuls into a well-greased, deep cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F about 40 minutes.