Chocolate Cranberry Cake
- 1/2 lb Butter; room temperature
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 3 tb Cranberry liqueur, (optional)
- 8 oz Semi-sweet chocolate; melted
- 4 Eggs; separated
- 1/3 c Cake flour
- 1 1/3 c Fresh cranberries; chopped
- 3 tb Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment. Whip butter with electric beater until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Mix in vanilla, liqueur and chocolate. Add yolks one at a time. Mix in flour and cranberries. Whip egg whites in clean bowl until soft peaks form.
3. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Fold 1/3 of whites into batter. Then fold remaining whites into mixture.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then cover with foil and cool completely.