Kahlua Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 3/4 cup shopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. Kahlua for tops of bars
1. Resift flour with baking powder and salt. Melt butter with chocolate over very low heat or over hot water.
2. Beat eggs with sugar until light. Stir in chocolate mixture and 1/4 cup Kahlua. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
3. Turn into greased 9-inch square pan lined on bottom with greased parchment or foil. Bake in center of 350 degree oven 30 minutes,until top springs back when touched lightly in center, and edges begin to pull away from pan. Be careful not to overbake. Remove from oven and cool in pan.
4. When cold, brush top with 1 tbsp. Kahlua. Let stand until thoroughly cold before cutting. Use sharp knife for cutting into bars about 1×2-inches. Yields 2 dozen bars.