- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 cup black olives — chopped
- 1/2 cup jicama
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup beets — sliced
1. Wash, dry and tear romaine into bite-size pieces.
Put into a salad bowl.
Sprinkle half the shredded cheese evenly over greens.
2. Prepare vegetables: chop tomatoes into bite-size pieces; slice green onions, using part of the green tops; cut jicama into thin strips; drain beets very thoroughly and cut into thin strips.
3. Layer all the vegetables and then black olives and alfalfa sprouts.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Optional: 1/2 cup drained red kidney beans, chopped hard-boiled egg and some crisp croutons or broken corn chips placed on top of salad.