- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Guinness stout
1. In a heavy saucepan whisk together the water and the cornstarch and simmer the mixture over moderate heat, whisking, for 2 minutes.
2. Add the milks, the salt, and the sugar, heat the mixture over moderately low heat, whisking, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved, and remove the pan from the heat.
3. Let the mixture cool completely, stir in the Guinness, and freeze the mixture in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.