I lost this when we moved and found it when we moved again. Christmas is back.
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
1. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of a large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat eggnog and sugar over medium heat. Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Fold in marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Return to a boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. As the mixture boils it will become brown.
4. Remove from heat and quickly stir in butter, white chocolate chips and almonds. Stir until well mixed and glossy.
Quickly pour into prepared pan. Cool at room temperature. Remove from pan, remove foil and cut into squares.
Original recipe yield: 24 servings.