Rice With Crab
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup onion; finely chopped,
- 1 sm. 1 each clove garlic; minced
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz tomatoes; cut up,
- 1 can
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hot pepper sauce; to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 7 1/2 oz crab meat;
- 1 can, or
- 7 1/2 oz frozen shrimp;
- 2 tablespoon sherry; dry
1. Crab meat should be drained, broken into chunks,and the cartilage removed. Shrimp should be shelled and cooked. In a skillet cook rice, onion and garlic in oil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until rice is golden brown.
2. Remove from the heat. Add water, undrained tomatoes, bouillon granules, salt and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce.
3. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or till most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the peas and cook for 5 minutes longer.
4. Stir in the crab or shrimpand sherry; heat through.