- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- oil or fat or shortening (for frying)
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add milk.
- In large mixing bowl. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Pour egg/milk mixture into center of dry ingredients. Stir quickly.
- Heat oil or fat in a deep skillet or deep fat fryer. If you have an electric gridle, set temperture to
- Test heat by dropping a pinch of batter into fat. If it immediatly rises to the surface, then it is ready
to fry with.
- Drop batter into fat with a tablespoon.
- Brown for 5 minutes on one side, then flip.
- Drain over paper towels.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and butter.