Tri Tip Sandwiches with Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, finely chopped
- 6 onion or French rolls
- 1 deli precooked tri tip, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 very thin slices red onion, separated into rings
1. Combine mayonnaise and chiles in a small dish and mix well.
2. Spread equal amounts on one half of each roll.
3. Top with sliced beef and onions.
NOTE: For an even spicier taste, stir in a little of the sauce that is covering the chiles. Serve with fresh fruit and tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings.