- 1 small onion
- 1 can yellow hominy (15 oz.)
- 3/4 lb rockfish fillet
- 2 teaspoon olive oil or salad oil
- 1 lime
- 3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes and juice (14 1/2 o; z, .)
- 1 can chopped green chilies (4 oz.)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salsa or hot pepper sauce
Preparation: 1. Thinly slice onion. Rinse and drain hominy. Rinse fish, patdry, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (discard any bones you discover while cutting fish). Slice lime into 6 wedges.
Cooking: 1. Stir onion and oil in a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add hominy, chicken broth, tomatoes and their juice, chilies and cumin. Cover pan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add fish; simmer and stir gently until fish flakes when prodded with a fork, 2-4 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls. Squeeze juice of 1 lime wedge into each bowl of soup. Serve salsa or hot pepper sauce alongside to seasonto taste. Makes 6 servings.
Note: Snapper, Cod, Shrimp and Orange Roughy may be substituted.
servings: 165 Calories, 15 g Protein, 17 g Carbohydrates, .7 g Saturated Fat, 2 g Monounsaturated Fat, 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat, .3 g Omega-3 Fat, 20 mg Cholesterol, 772 mg Sodium.