Open-Face Pizza Sandwiches
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, each about
- 4 inches square, cut diagonally into halves Preheat oven to
- 450 degrees F.
1. Grease cookie sheet. Mix biscuit mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Divide dough into halves. Pat each half into a 16 x 4-inch rectangle on a cookie sheet with floured hands. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. Mix ground beef, Parmesan cheese, onion, green pepper, salt, oregano, pepper and tomato paste; spread over rectangles. Bake until beef is done, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Arrange tomatoes down center of each rectangle, overlapping edges; layer mozzarella cheese slices over tomatoes. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.