Meatless Reuben Sandwich
- 1 slice rye bread Zucchini
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sauerkraut Onion Green bell pepper
- 1 slice mild Cheddar or Swiss cheese
1. Drain sauerkraut well, placing it in a wire strainer and then pressing with the back of a spoon to force the liquid out.
2. Cut zucchini into thin slices. Cut thin rings from the onion and green pepper.
3. Toast the bread. Spoon drained sauerkraut onto toasted bread.
4. Arrange 4 or 5 zucchini slices on top, then add a few onion and green pepper rings.
5. Top with the cheese slice. Place in a preheated oven or under the broiler until the cheese melts.