Hot Sauce their famous tomato-based hot sauce for your tacos, burritos, fajitas and more.
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, finely minced
1. In a bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Mix until blended.
2. In medium saucepan, add the tomato paste and water-cornstarch mixture; place over medium heat; stir until smooth. 2. Add cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, vinegar and dried onion; stir to blend well.
3. Add minced jalapeno to saucepan.
4. Bring to boil; continue to stir; boil and stir for 3 minutes; remove from heat. Cool.
5. When cool, store refrigerated in a sealed container.
Makes about 3 cups.