- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent
1. In a double boiler, with water in bottom boiling vigorously, melt the butter. Blend in flour, stirring until mixture is smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly but slowly. The mixture should be thick.
3. Add 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat (if canned, wash in strainer to remove preservative, and pick out any cartilage). Heat thoroughly.
4. When sauce is thoroughly heated, add 3 tablespoons sherry wine, mix well, and let set while water in bottom pan simmers. Keep covered. Let steep for 15 minutes before serving over buttered toast or in patty shells.