Brownie Oatmeal Gems
- 8 oz Semi sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 c Margarine or butter
- 2/3 c Corn syrup light
- 2 Eggs; slightly beaten
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 4 c Oats old fashioned
- 2/3 c Brown sugar; firm pack
- 1 c Walnuts; coarsely chopped
1. In 2 quart saucepan, stir chocolate and butter over low heat just until chocolate melts.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup, eggs and salt. In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour chocolate mix over dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cookie will not change much during baking. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove; cool completely.
4. For Chocolate Dipped Gems:Dip half of each cookie in 4 oz. melted semi sweet or German chocolate.