- 1 cup (scant) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Combine crust ingredients; pat into a 7-inch springform pan.
Beat sugars into cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Beat in eggs, whipping cream, cornstarch, and vanilla.
Beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed of a hand-held electric mixer.
Pour mixture into the prepared crust. Combine apple slices with sugar, cinnamon and nuts;
place topping evenly over the top of cheesecake.
Place the cheesecake on a rack (or “ring” of aluminum foil to keep it off the bottom of the pot) in the Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Let stand in the covered pot (after turning it off) for about 1 to 2 hours,
until cool enough to handle.
Cool thoroughly before removing pan sides.
Chill before serving; store leftovers in the refrigerator.