Santa fe chicken salad with a Southwestern flair. Crispy greens with marinated fajita-seasoned chicken strips and the crunch of tortilla chips served with pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole.
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- mixed salad greens
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
Pico de Gallo:
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gold tequila
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh
- jalapeno pepper (seeded)
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons minced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced canned
- jalapeno slices
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash freshly-ground black pepper
1. Prepare pico de gallo: In small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well; cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Place all marinade ingredients in resealable plastic bag or in non-reactive baking pan; add chicken, turn to coat. If using a pan, cover. Refrigerate over night, turning chicken in marinade occasionally.
3. When ready to cook chicken, preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Season both sides of chicken with fajita seasoning. Place on hot grill and grill until done and juices run clear.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Mexi-ranch dressing: In small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Prepare a plate of your favorite greens. Place a ramekin of sour cream, a ramekin of pico de gallo and a ramekin of guacamole on plate. Top salad with chicken.
6. Garnish with chopped scallions and crushed tortilla chips. Serve with Applebee’s Mexi-Ranch Dressing.