Fish Fillets With Asian Vegetables
- 2 lb fish fillets
- 10 oz sliced water chestnuts
- 10 oz sliced bamboo shoots
- 6 scallions trimmed
- 1/2 lb fresh snow peas, cut into f
- 1 cup court bouillon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon finely minced ginger
1. HEAT THE OVEN TO 350F. Arrange the fish fillets in a baking dish. Place thewater chestnuts and bamboo shoots in a colander, and pour boiling water over them to remove the tinny taste.
2. Arrange the vegetables around the fish. Also arrange the scallions and snow peas. Bring the court bouillon toa simmer, along with the soy, sesame oil, pepper, garlic and ginger. Pour this over the fish, cover the fish with a sheet of buttered wax paper, buttered side down, and bake for 7 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven, drain thecooking liquids, and reduce them by half. Serve immediately, dividing the fish among the plates along with the vegetables. This will