Texas Barbecue Sandwich
- 2 cups GRILLED TURKEY
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2-2/3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp each dried onions and sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp each salt and dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp each chili powder, dried minced garlic and cayenne pepper dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally and toasted
1. Cut meat from bones and mince.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, over high heat, combine tomato juice, catsup, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, onions, sugar, paprika, salt, dry mustard, chili powder, garlic, cayenne pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add turkey and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until heated throughout.
3. To serve, spoon barbeque on bottom half of burger bun. Top with other half.