Open Face Pineapple Sandwich
- 8 strips turkey bacon or pork bacon, halved
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 mushrooms (4 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa or other sprouts (optional)
1. Place a broiler rack farthest from the heat source, and preheat the broiler (or a toaster oven).
2. Arrange the bacon in a large skillet, and cook over low heat until crisp, turning occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Spread the bread with the mayonnaise, and place on a baking sheet. Top with the mushrooms, and season with the salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the tomato over the mushrooms. Cover with the bacon, and top with the slices of cheese.
5. Broil until the cheese melts. Top with the sprouts, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.