Low Fat Banana Biscuits
- 3 small ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 c. lite soymilk or other milk alternative
- 2 tbsps. oil
- 41/4 cs. unbleached white flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the mashed bananas,soymilk, and oil together in a large bowl. Add the flour and baking powder and stir well.
2. Place dough on a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch-wide circles using a cutter or tin can.
3. Place biscuits on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, bake 20 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
4.Makes 35 biscuits.
Note; These delicious biscuits make a perfect breakfast item.
Leftovers can be re-heated in a toaster oven.
Calories…72…Fat 1 g…Fiber…0.3 g.