Grilled chicken marinated in special herbs, spices and citrus juices and then flame-grilled for a flavor that’s deliciously different.
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 pinch of ground saffron
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 whole frying chicken, quartered
1. Using blender or food processor, combine water, garlic, salt, pepper and saffron; blend on high speed 15 to 20 seconds. Add lime juice and pineapple juice; blend 5 seconds longer.
2. Transfer mixture to bowl; add chicken, coating well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. When ready to cook, preheat grill to a low flame. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
4. Grill chicken for 45 minutes, turning frequently (do not let the skin blacken before the chicken is cooked) or until the skin is golden brown and crispy and chicken is cooked through.