Jack Daniel’s Upside Down Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s whiskey Fudge Brownie Batter (recipe follows) Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
1. In microwave−safe glass bowl, melt chocolate chips with milk in microwave oven on HIGH (100%) power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and whiskey until thoroughly blended. Spoon into buttered 9−inch springform pan.
3. Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and carefully spoon on Fudge Brownie Batter evenly, starting at edges and working toward center. Return to 350°F oven and bake another 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
5. Remove sides of pan from cake. Spread Chocolate Ganache evenly over top of cake. Return to refrigerator and chill until ganache is set. Makes 1 cheesecake, 10 to 12 servings.
6. Fudge Brownie Batter In large microwave−safe glass bowl, combine 2 squares (1 ounce EACH) unsweetened chocolate with 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Beat in 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until thoroughly blended. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, blending well. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, if desired. Spread evenly over partially baked cheesecake.
7. Chocolate Ganache In large microwave−safe glass bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Stir in 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s whiskey and 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Refrigerate until mixture thickens to spreading consistency. Spread evenly over top of brownie topped cheesecake.