Dilled Salmon Salad
—-FOR THE DRESSING—
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 salt and freshly ground pepper
—-FOR THE SALAD—
- 1 2-lb salmon fillet(1 thick) cleaned; of skin and sinew
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 curly leaf lettuce
- 4 ripe tomatoes; finely sliced
- 2 medium red onions; peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 lemon; halved lengthwise and th
1. Make the dressing: Stir together the yogurt, dill, vinegar, salt and pepper. Refrigerate. Make the salad: Sprinkle salmon on both sides with oil, salt and pepper. Heat grill until very hot. Place salmon on the grill and cook, covered, until flaky, about 3 1/2 minutes on each side.
2. Transfer to a serving plate and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Carve into 1/2-inch slices. Place salmon in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape down the center to remove seeds.
3. Thinly slice. Mound salmon mixture in center of a large platter lined with lettuce leaves. Surround with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and lemon slices. Garnish with additional dill if desired.
Nutritional info per serving: 288 cal; 31g pro, 16g carb, 11g fat (35%)