Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl add flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt and mix well.
3. In another bowl blend together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Spread into 15×10 inch jelly roll pan.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.