Chili Seared Salmon With Sweet Pepper Salsa
- 1 sweet red pepper salsa
- 1 (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt teaspoon
- 1/8 black pepper
- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets
- 1 (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
1. Make salsa; set aside. Combine chili powder, salt and black pepper; rub evenly over salmon fillets. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet
2. over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 4 minutes on each tide or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with salsa, Makes 4 servings.
3. 4. SWEET PEPPER SALSA: Combine in a bowl: 3/4 cup diced red onion, 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper, 1/2 cup diced plum tomato, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Stir well. Let stand at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Per serving: Calories 348 Fat 18g Cholesterol 115mg Sodium 351 Percent calories from fat 46% Dallas Morning News 10/2/9