Chicken Fajita Breakfast Skillet a nice breakfast or brunch dish made with chicken, home fries and cheese. Served with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Fajita seasoning
- 1 small onion
- 1 small bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked home fries or hash browns salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup guacamole (optional) salsa (optional)
1. Rub chicken breast with Fajita seasoning and let marinate for 1/2 hour.
2. Slice marinated chicken into strips.
3. Spray heavy skillet with non-stick cooking spray; place chicken in hot skillet and braise until done.
4. Increase heat to high and add onion and pepper; stir fry until cooked through (you want to cook these quickly). Remove from heat.
5. Brown leftover cooked potatoes or use frozen hash browns, cooked to desired crispness. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide potatoes between two serving platters.
7. Combine eggs with half and half; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook egg mixture as two separate omelets. Place on top of browned potatoes.
8. Divide Fajita meat, and onions and peppers equally between the two platters, placing on top of omelet. Divide cheese and sprinkle over top. Serve with sourcream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.