Almost Fat-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 c All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 2 ts Salt
- 3/4 c Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c Cinnamon applesauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tb Oil
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 2/3 c Skim milk Powdered sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
2. Beat the next six ingredients until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk until just combined.
3. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.