Easy to make chocolate cake covered with a delectable topping of coconut, almonds, and chocolate.
- a. 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- b. 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- c. 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- d. 25 large marshmallows
- e. 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- f. 1/2 cup butter
- g. 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- h. 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 Mix cake mix and bake as directed for one 9×13 inch cake.
2 In a saucepan combine 1/2 of the evaporated milk, and 1-1/2 cups of the sugar. Bring mixture to a rapid boil. Quickly remove from the heat and add marshmallows. Stir until melted. Stir in coconut. Pour mixture over the top of the baked cake.
3 In a saucepan combine the remaining sugar and the remaining evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add butter and chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Mix in toasted almonds. Pour mixture over the top of the coconut topped cake. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Cake tastes best if baked the day before.
Makes 1 -9×13 inch pan