Almond amaretto cheesecake recipe
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Almonds, toasted
- 1 c Unsifted all-purpose flour Pinch salt
- 1/2 c U n salt butter
- 1 lg Egg yolk
- 1/4 ts Almond extract
- 5 pk Cream cheese, softened 8-oz each
- 1 2/3 c Sugar
- 2 ts Grated lemon zest
- 5 lg Eggs plus 2 yolks
- 1/4 c Heavy cream
- 3 t b Amaretto liqueur
- 1 t b All-purpose flour Strawberries for garnish
1. Make Crust: Lightly greased 9-inch spring form pan. In food processor, process sugar and almonds until nuts are finely ground. Add flour and salt; pulse to blend. Cut up butter into bits; add to flour mixture. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and almond extract; pulse just until dough holds together. Press dough into prepare pan to line bottom and 2 inch up sides. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Bake crust 8 minutes or just until golden. Place on wire rack; let stand until cool. Make filling: In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar; beat 3 minutes or until mixture is blended and smooth. Beat in lemon zest. At medium speed, beat in eggs and yolks, on at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.