- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 lbs sausage
- Divide sausage, forming 30 to 36 “Pigs”.
- (About half the length of a hot dog) Do not roll in hands, form carefully with finger tips or fork.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine as for pie dough.
- Mix in milk, form into smooth ball.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into strips about 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Wrap “pig” loosely in dough, overlapping on the bottom.
- Do not pinch ends shut. Prick top of each “pig” with a fork.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then 15 minutes at 350
degrees until brown.
- May be frozen up to 4 months.