- Two chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 4 c. chicken bouillon
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c. uncooked ri ce
- 1 carroty peeled and sliced Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- Tortilla chips
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- In a large soup pots make up the bouillon and simmer chicken breasts in it for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove chicken and reserve broth.
- Over medium heats add oil to pot and cook onion until soft but not brown (approx. 3 minutes). Add pepper and carrots and cook for another three minutes.
- Stir in garlic salt chili powder and cumin, then add tomatoes and reserved broth.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, rice, and corn to soup and cook for another 15 minutes. Just before serving soup, cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- Cook until heated through. Serve garnished with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
(Note: this soup is delicious with or without the chicken chunks. For a more vegetarian meal,
simply start with the bouillon and leave chicken out.)