- For vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. s oy sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups mesclun(mixed bay greens, 3/4 lb.) —
- rinsed/spun dry
- 8 dried dates (preferably Medjool) — pitted
- cut lengthwise into thin stripes
- 6 oz soft goat cheese, cut into pieces — room temp
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and salt to taste and add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
May be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
Bring to room temp.
In bowl, toss mesclun with vinaigrette and divide among 8 salad plates.
Top salads with dates and goat cheese.