Sbarro Tomato Sauce a classic tomato sauce, perfectly seasoned for any of your pasta dishes.
- 1-2 oz. olive oil
- 10 oz. diced onions
- 1 oz. chopped fresh garlic
- 3 oz. Sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 oz. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 – (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 – tomato can cold water
- 4 oz. grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
1. In large skillet, heat oil until hot do not allow to smoke. Add onions; saute until almost browned; add garlic and brown lightly.
2. De-glaze pan with sherry; add parsley; blend well.
3. Add tomatoes, water, cheese and spices; blend well.
4. Bring just to boil; reduce heat; simmer for 1 hour.