Potato Wedges seasoned potato wedges like the Colonel makes.
- shortening for frying
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent Flavor Enhancer
1. Preheat shortening to 375 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well; set aside.
3. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk well; set aside.
4. Cut potatoes into 16 to 18 wedges of equal size.
5. Place potato wedges in egg mixture; remove with slotted spoon and transfer to dry mixture; using fingers, turn and coat well. You may have to do this in batches.
6. Deep fry in hot oil for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.