A cute Halloween snack that is fun for kids to make and eat. Marshmallows grow chow mein legs and and candy coated eyes.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (6 ounce) package chow mein noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini candy-coated chocolate pieces
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Pour chocolate into a sealable plastic bag and set aside.
2. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Stick 4 chow mein noodles into each side of marshmallow for legs, and arrange on wax paper. Using scissors, cut one corner off the bag of melted chocolate. Drizzle over the marshmallow spiders. Attach 2 candies to each marshmallow for eyes. Chill until chocolate hardens.
Original recipe yield: 24 spiders.