Baked Creamy Seafood scallops, shrimp and clams covered in Asiago-flavored cream sauce and served with crispy wontons for dipping.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup baby scallops, rinsed and drained (about 8 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups Asiago cheese
- 2 cups medium, peeled, shelled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 (6-oz.) can chopped clams, well drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese oil for deep frying
- 1/2 of a 12-oz. package wonton skins
1. Over high heat, in large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add scallops and stir-fry until just cooked through; remove from skillet to bowl; set aside.
2. Using same skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute.
3. Whisk in half and half; continue whisking until mixture comes to a boil; boil one minute, whisking, until bubbly. Turn off heat.
4. Whisk in Asiago cheese, whisking until melted. Stir in scallops, shrimp and clams.
5. Transfer seafood mixture to a 9-inch glass pie plate; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, heat about 1/2-inch oil in wok or deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Fry 3 or 4 wonton skins at a time, a few seconds on each side, just until golden; drain on paper towels.
7. Use wontons as chips for dipping in seafood.