Basil Broccoli Tureen
- 4-1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese (omit for Neanderthin)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Combine broccoli and water in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 10 min. or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain again.
2. Combine broccoli, egg whites, egg yolks, parmesan, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper in processor and process 3 min. or until smooth. Line a 7-1/2 X 3 X 2 in. loafpan with foil, allowing foil to extend 3 in. beyond sides of pan. Coat foil with cooking spray. Pour broccoli mixture into prepared pan, carefully folding foil loosely over broccoli mixture to cover. Place loafpan in a 12 X 8 X2 in. baking dish; pour hot water into baking dish to a depth of 1 in. Bake At 350°F. for 1 hour or until edges are firm and center is set.
3. Remove loafpan from water; let cool on a wire rack 15 min. Loosen edges of tureen with a sharp knife; invert on a serving platter. Smooth edges if necessary and chill. Cut tureen into 16 slices; arrange 2 slices on each of 8 individual serving slates. Garnish with cherry tomato halves and basil leaves.