Mini Cheese Calzones
- 6 sticks (1 ounce each) string cheese
- 1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated bread-stick dough
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce or pizza sauce for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Unwrap the string cheese sticks and cut them in half crosswise. Open or unroll the bread-stick dough and separate it into 12 rectangles. Coil a rectangle of bread-stick dough around a piece of cheese stick as if you were wrapping it with yarn. Completely cover the cheese, tucking the dough ends under and pinching them to seal closed. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese. Place the dough-covered cheese on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake the mini calzones until they are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove them from the baking sheet and serve at once with a bowl of marinara or pizza sauce for dunking.
Serves 6 (makes 12 mini calzones)