- 1-1/2 lb ground Beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion Prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 crusty rolls, split Romaine lettuce Tomato slices
1. In large bowl, combine ground Beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 3/4″-thick patties.
2. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally. Approx. 1 minute before burgers are done, brush with barbecue sauce; top with cheese.
3. Line bottom of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with cheeseburger. Close sandwiches.