- 2 c Self rising flour Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 oz (5/8 cup) Margarine
- 1 (or 2) Eggs (Save some for Glaze
- 1 oz (2 Tb.) Margarine
- 1 c Potatoes, cooked & mashed
- 1 c Self rising flour Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Egg MILK FILLING FOR KNISHES
- 8 oz Cottage cheese
- 1/4 c All purpose flour
- 1 Egg Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tb Sugar (optional) MEAT FILLING FOR KNISHES
- 2 c Cooked, minced (ground) meat Or liver
- 1 Egg
- 1 Grated raw, or fried onion Salt and pepper Garlic to taste POTATO FILLING FOR KNISHES
- 1 c Cooked and mashed potato
- 1 Egg
- 2 tb Fried onions Salt and pepper KASHA FILLING FOR KNISHES
- 1 c Cooked kasha
- 2 tb Fried onions Salt and pepper
- 1. Roll out the pastry thinly to form an oblong.
1. Spread the filling over the pastry to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
2. Wet the edges and roll up tightly. Cut into 1 inch thick pieces.
3. Place cut side down on a well greased baking tin.
4. Bake in the oven at 375F for 30 min.