Oatmeal Fudge Cookies
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 pound butter
1. Combine the oats, vanilla and nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk in a large sized
3. saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
4. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
5. Let boil for 3 minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat and add the butter.
7. Stir until the butter is well blended.
8. Quickly add the oat mixture to the pan and stir until well mixed.
9. Drop by the spoonful onto waxed paper.
10. Let cool for 2 hours to before serving.