- 1/2 c Flour
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/8 ts Pepper
- 4 lb Beef or sirloin tips
- 1/2 c Chopped green onions
- 2 c Sliced mushrooms (4 oz. can, drained) OR
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cn Condensed beef broth, (10 1/2 oz.)
- 1 ts Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ts Tomato paste or ketchup
- 1/4 c Dry red wine or water
- 3 tb Flour
- 1 Buttered noodles
Combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper and toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly.
Place in crock-pot. Add green onions and drained mushrooms.
Combine with beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste or ketchup.
Pour over beef and vegetables; stir well.
Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 12 hours. One hour before serving, turn to HIGH setting.
Make a smooth paste of red wine and 3 tablespoons flour; stir into crock-pot, mixing well.