Chocolate Chip Blond Brownies
- 2 c Flour
- 1 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 c Chopped nuts
- 2/3 c Butter or margarine
- 2 c Packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 6 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 package)
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add nuts; mix well and set aside.
2. Melt butter in saucepan; remove from heat. (If margarine is used, add 2 tablespoons hot water.)
3. Add brown sugar; beat well. Let cool. Add eggs and vanilla; Blend well. Add flour mixture, a small amount at a time, mixing well after each addition. Spread in greased 9×12-inch baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool in pan and cut in squares.