Gala apricot cheesecake recipe
- 2 1/4 c Quick Oats, Uncooked
- 1/3 c Brown Sugar, Packed
- 3 tb Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 c Margarine, Melted
- 1 ea Env. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/3 c Cold Water
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 2 tb Brandy
- 1/2 c Dried Apricots, Fine Chop
- 1 c Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 10 oz (1 Jr) Apricot Preserves
- 1 tb Brandy
1. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and margarine, press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees F., 15 minutes. Cool Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
2. Combine Cream Cheese and granulated sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add gelatin and brandy to cream cheese mixture mixing until well blended.
3. Chill until slightly thickened; fold in apricots and whipped cream. Pour into crust; chill until firm. Heat combined preserves and brandy over low heat; cool. Spoon over cheese- cake.
VARIATION: Substitute Neufchatel cheese for Cream Cheese