Hamburger recipe that your own version of this famous double cheeseburger with special sauce.
- 1 lb. ground lean chuck beef
- 8 large sesame seed buns
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices real American cheese Big Boy Sauce (see page 24) salt, to taste black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat grill.
2. On parchment paper form the beef into eight equal sized, round patties about 4″ in diameter. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides to your desired doneness.
3. Prepare rolls by discarding 4 Crowns (save for making bread crumbs, stuffing or croutons). Toast remaining 4 crowns and the 8 heels.
4. Spread Big Boy Sauce on all 8 heels and add lettuce on top. Place a slice of cheese on top of lettuce on 4 of the heels.
5. Place one patty on each heel. Stack heels without cheese on top of heels with cheese and top each with a toasted crown.