Giant Meatball Sandwich
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cups commercial spaghetti sauce with peppers and mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
1. Combine ground beef and sausage; shape into 1-inch balls. Cook in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat; drain meatballs on paper towels. Discard drippings.
2. Combine spaghetti sauce and garlic in skillet; add meatballs. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
3. Place on a baking sheet, cut sides up; broil 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
4. Spoon meatball mixture onto bottom half of bread. Cut cheese slices in half; arrange on top of meatballs, overlapping as needed. Place top half of bread over cheese. Serve immediately.