Fired Up Over Turkey Barbeque,”Grilled Crab Sandwich
- 1 cup crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, with tops
- 1 hard cooked egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 slices bread, buttered
- 5 large tomato slices
1. Combine crab meat, cheese, celery, relish, green onions, hard cooked egg, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
2. Spread on unbuttered side of 5 bread slices. Add a tomato slice to top of each sandwich then season with salt and pepper.
3. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
4. Grill on a griddle, panini maker, or skillet, until sandwiches are golden brown on both sides.
Makes 5 sandwiches.