- 1 cup Drained OR canned cooked — pinto beans
- 1 cup Drained cooked black beans
- 1 can (8-3/4 oz) garbanzo beans — drained
- 1 can (8 oz) cut green beans — drained
- 1 cup Drained canned wax beans
- 1/2 Green pepper — cut in thin
- 1/4 Red onion — thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar [I increased vinegar — by 50 percent.
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried leaf oregano — crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tomato, chopped — drained
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
If cooking your own pinto and black beans, cook until firm-tender and not mushy.
Combine pinto beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, green beans and wax beans in a large bowl.
Add green pepper and red onion.
In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, salt, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
Pour over salad and toss gently but thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Just before serving, add tomatoes and mayonnaise.